What is the Best Sleeping Position for Pregnant Women?
Why sleeping Position is important during pregnancy
“Pregnancy” happens when a sperm fertilizes an egg. The fertilized egg then towards the uterus, where implementation occurs, successful implantation results in pregnancy. The average full-time period of pregnancy is around 9 months. Many factors can affect pregnancy. During pregnancy, women should take care of herself and her baby too because this is a very crucial time for both mother and baby.
If you see in our homes older people like grandmother or grandfather always saying to the pregnant lady to sleep in some specific positions. Do you know why? Commonly there is some reason that the mother needs to sleep in some good position so that the mother and her baby can also take rest without pain. In pregnancy, regular sleeping positions do not work because at that time you also carry a baby which needs a lot of attention to get proper sleep and rest through good sleeping positions.
Results of irregular sleeping positions while pregnancy
When a lady is pregnant your body changes. These changes are not let you sleep properly and not let you work if you don’t sleep in good positions while pregnancy. Below is some discomfort that you may feel.
- Increased size of Abdomen
- Breath problem (Shortness of breath)
WHAT IS THE BEST SLEEPING POSITION WHILE PREGNANCY?
Now comes the best sleeping positions for a mother while pregnancy. The best sleep position during pregnancy is “SOS” that is sleeping on the side. You can also sleep on your left side which is the best. Sleeping on the left side increases blood amount and nutrients which reach the placenta and the baby. While sleeping keeps your legs bent and put a pillow between your legs. You can also follow the below steps to get more comfortable.
- If you have back pain, use the “SOS” position, and try to place a pillow under your abdomen as well
- If you are experiencing heartburn during the night, you may want to hold up the body with pillows.
- Some times in late pregnancy you feel the short breath. You can try lying on your side or propped up with pillows.
These are not completely comfortable but you should try
TIPS FOR BEST SLEEP IN PREGNANCY
Although the safest position is to sleep on your left side. Below are some tips which help you get comfortable while sleeping.
- Use a lot of Pillows- Try to cross one leg over the other and putting some pillow between them and another pillow behind your back
- Get a special pillow- You can try a wedge-shaped pillow or a 5-foot full body pregnancy pillow.
- Stick your self up- If the pillow doesn’t help you can try to sleep in a semi-upright position in a recliner instead of a bed.
You can also visit www.memoryfoanpillow.co to get a perfect pillow for yourself.
WHICH POSITIONS DO YOU NEED TO AVOID DURING PREGNANCY?
Below are some pregnancy sleeping positions which you should avoid else it gives bad effects or harm to the body.
- Sleeping on your back- It causes backaches, breathing, low blood pressure which causes decreases in circulation to your heart and the baby.
- Sleeping on the stomach- When you are in pregnancy, your abdomen undergoes physical changes and makes more difficult to lay on your stomach
Nowadays memory foam pillows for sleeping are in trend for every need there are pillows available in the market which helps a lot, you can also buy a pregnancy sleeping pillow and make yourself comfortable.
For more information you can go to our website www.memoryfoampillow.co or get back to us at 1800-862-1084, our team is available to help you. You can also order pillows from us with great discount. You can also fill the form to get in touch with us, we will get back to you shortly.