That Memory Foam Smell
Memory foam pillows in the market are becoming so popular because of its benefits. Many variants of memory foam pillows are available in the market; however, there is one thing that comes with memory foam pillow – memory foam pillow smell. Memory foam smell is almost everyone’s question who owns a memory foam pillow.
Memory foam pillow smell is generally caused by the material used to manufacture the memory foam pillow or mattress. Many of the memory foam owners say that smell ends after a number of days. Most of the people do not report about the health issues related to memory foam pillow, however, headache, nausea, and allergy are some common issues that can be caused due to memory foam smell.
Helping Article: What To Consider When Buying A Pillow?
Let’s check how we can reduce the memory foam smell. There are some ways through which you can reduce the memory foam smell.
- Air it out- After getting memory foam pillow remove it from the plastic cover and place it outdoor for some hours to dry if unable to remove the cover you can alternatively place the pillow against the wall or chair in the room so that it can ventilate from all side, after that open the window and switch on the window fan to take out the air from the room along with odor of memory foam. As long as the pillow will remain in air to take out the air the smell will be less noticeable.
- Keep it fresh- Pillows and mattress absorb more sweat and odor simply sleeping on them, you can keep the pillows fresh by keeping it in the open air for some hours. Switch on the fan to remove the odor from bedding and mattress and to remove moisture in the foam. Put some baking soda on the pillow and mattress as airs out and then remove the powder with the brush.
- Room Refresher- A new pillow smells can remain in the room for some days. Put a bowl of white vinegar in the room to absorb the odor or smell. After some time or after a complete day drain the vinegar, this activity can be done weekly to keep odor away from the room and pillows.
- Baking soda- Baking soda which is also used to deodorize a refrigerator can be used to remove the odor from memory foam or mattress. After keeping the memory foam in air sprinkle the baking soda over the mattress or pillow and leave it for 1 or 2 hr then remove away the baking soda with the help of an upholstery brush.
Related Article: Is a Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Better?
Along with the above process, you can also leave your pillows or mattress in sunlight to make it fresh and odor-free, but make sure not to put the memory foam in extreme sunlight or in direct sunlight, make some shade on the pillow. Memory foam can be damaged by 2 things liquid and heat. Below are some things which you should never do with your memory foam.
- Never put the memory foam in dryer
- Never put the memory foam in washer
- Don’t use hot water to wash the memory foam
- Never use any rubbing sponge to scrub its outer surface
These are some tips and suggestions through which you can remove the odour and keep your pillow and mattress odor-free always.
How to get in touch with us
Feel free to get in touch with us for any information. Just dial 1800-862-1084 and get connected with our professional and experienced team and get your all queries answered. You can also fill the customer contact form or email us at [email protected] our team will get back to you to help you.