How to Treat Neck Pain After Sleeping?
Neck pain is a common problem of every one of almost all age groups. Nowadays a working schedule of 24*7 and working then scheduled time gives so much body pain and mental pain and for that, the one way is good and healthy sleep. Everyone wants a good sleep once he/she is on the bed but there are multiple factors that cause neck pain which obviously no one wants to have.
Causes of Neck Pain After Sleeping
Neck pain reasons are numerous, some of the most common reasons are mentioned below.
- Sleeping in the wrong position
- Having an unsuitable pillow
- Any previous injuries
- Improper posture while sitting
Solutions of Neck Pain After Sleeping
There are many remedies and which can cure neck pain. Some remedies are given below which you can try if you are having neck pain.
- Apply an Ice pack- After neck pain, you can apply ice or heat therapy. It can reduce muscle inflammation in neck muscles. If you have pain for more than one day, apply ice therapy to that area for 20 minutes in a day.
- Over-the-counter medicine-Try to get any over-the-counter medicine which may help to get relief in neck pin.
- Self-massage-Try to apply massage to that area. Hand and fingers can be used to massage the neck area to get relief.
- Some gentle exercise also helps you to get relief from neck pain. It can help to keep the blood flowing to your neck area.
How to Prevent Neck Pain
Neck pain can be prevented if you follow some below points once you wake up.
- Try to sleep on your back or side instead of sleeping on the stomach
- You can put a pillow between legs which can help you to align your neck with your spine.
- While sleeping makes sure that the pillow which you are using under your head is not higher than the pillow under your neck. It causes straining of muscles which give neck pain.
- Try to use feather pillow as they are known for easily conforming the shape as per your neck and head, However, make sure to change these pillow in a year as they also tend to lose the shape in some time.
- Memory foam pillows also help you as they acquire the shape of your head and neck which keeps your neck supported.
- After waking up in the office or during day time try to maintain a proper posture while walking, working or sitting on a chair working on a computer.
- Avoid sticking your phone between your ear and shoulder while talking.
- Exercise regularly strengthens your muscles and helps to keep blood flow running properly.
If the above remedies do not help then you need to go to the nearest Physician as soon as possible so that he can find out the exact cause and help you to get rid of the pain.
How to get in touch with us
For more information about pillows, you can call us at 1800-862-1084 and our professional customer care team will be there to help you. Once you are connected with our team you can select the pillows as per your needs which helps you to get rid of your neck pain as well. You can also fill the contact form and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.